UNCONDITIONAL AND FULL GENERAL RELEASE
In consideration of being permitted to participate in activities and events (each, an “Activity” and collectively, the “Activities”) sponsored, promoted, held, or conducted by or on property owned by Village Center Community Development District, Sumter Landing Community Development District, Brownwood Community Development District, any of Village Community Development District Nos. 1 – 13, Holding Company of The Villages, Inc., The Villages of Lake-Sumter, Inc., The Villages Land Company, LLC, The Villages Operating Company, North Sumter County Utility Development District, and the State of Florida Sports Foundation, (collectively, the “Parties”), I, for myself and for my executors, administrators, personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin HEREBY:
- RELEASE, WAIVE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the Parties and any sponsor, advertiser, and promoter of any Activities, or events of such entities (collectively, District Activity or Activities), and any owner or lessee of the premises where the District Activity, or volunteer RLG meetings, events, or other volunteer RLG activities (collectively, volunteer RLG Activity or Activities) are held or conducted, and each of them their officers, directors, members, executives, agents, employees, affiliates, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, with the Parties, the “Released Parties”) of all liability to me or my executors, administrators, personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin, for any and all loss or damage, and all claims or demands therefore, on account of injury to my person or property or resulting in my death, arising out of or in any way connected with my participation, involvement, or presence at any Activity suffered before, during or after any Activity, and whether or not caused by the negligence, action or inaction of the Released Parties or other individual or entity. This Release shall apply to all future participation in the Activities and remain in force and effective until specifically revoked in writing.
- INDEMNIFY Released Parties from and against any loss, liability, damage or cost that I or any of my guests may incur due to participation or involvement in or presence at any Activity, whether caused by negligence, action or inaction of Released Parties or other individual or entity.
- ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH, AND PROPERTY DAMAGE arising out of or in any way connected with my participation or involvement in or presence at any Activity suffered before, during or after such Activity, and whether or not caused by the negligence, action or inaction of the Released Parties or otherwise. I understand my participation and involvement in or at any guest’s participation or involvement in or presence at any activity carries the risk of injury, death, and property damage, and I accept and assume that risk fully, freely and voluntarily. The Released Parties have made no representations or inducements regarding the safety of persons or property at or in connection with the Activities.
- AGREE the foregoing release, waiver and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by Florida law, and that if any portion is held invalid for any guest’s participation or involvement in or presence at any Activity.
- AGREE this Release is intended to apply to me and my guest’s participation or involvement in or presence at any Activity.
- IRREVOCABLY GRANT to Released Parties the right and permission to use pictures, photographs, movies, images, videos, recordings, or motion pictures taken of me or my property (collectively, the “Images”) and any statements, quotes, recordings or testimonials made by me (collectively, the “Testimonials”); to copyright the Images and Testimonials in Released Parties’ own name or in any name Released Parties may choose; to use, re-use, publish, display or reproduce the Images and Testimonials in any medium and for any commercial purpose whatsoever,; to use my name in connection with the use of any such Images or Testimonials. I waive any rights to inspect or approve the Images or the Testimonials. I release and forever discharge the Released Parties from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the Images and the Testimonials. I waive any right, title or interest in or to the Images or Testimonials and acknowledge that the Released Parties are the sole and absolute owners thereof and of any printed material, electronic media, negatives, film, video tape or audio tape containing such Images and Testimonials.
- AGREE to abide at all times to the following Code of Conduct at any Activity: “The use of obscenity, profanity or vulgarity in any conversations involving participants will not be tolerated. It is everyone’s responsibility to maintain a safe, pleasant and comfortable atmosphere. Every individual who participates has the right to be treated with respect. No one should be disparaged or criticized in front of participants, teammates, guests, or spectators. Please bring your complaints or concerns to a recreation department representative. The representative may investigate and address any concerns. I agree my participation or involvement in or presence at any Activity is a privilege rather than a right, and Released Parties reserve the right within their sole discretion to revoke my or my guest’s activity privileges for violations of the Code of Conduct.”
I HAVE READ THE FOREGOING AGREEMENT AND THE CODE OF CONDUCT IN ITS ENTIRETY, AND I HEREBY FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY SIGN THIS AGREEMENT, INTENDING TO BE BOUND THEREBY. I AGREE THAT THIS INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT SHALL REMAIN IN EFFECT AS TO EACH RELEASED PARTY UNTIL RELEASED IN WRITING BY THE RELEASED PARTY.